U burner boom is a modular design, basically consisting of two sections that extend approximately 18 m [60 ft]. By adding one or two intermediate sections, the boom can be lengthened to about 27 m [90 ft] or 36 m [120 ft].
The structural design of the U-boom allows access to the burner and supports pipes that are laterally positioned on the boom sides. These pipes supply the burner with air, water, oil, and propane.
The U-boom is mounted on the rig with a rotating base plate and guy lines. Horizontal guy lines help orient the boom; and vertical guy lines, which are fixed to the rig’s main structure, support the boom. The rotating base enables horizontal and vertical positioning of the boom and burner. The boom is positioned slightly above horizontal so that any oil left in the piping after flaring operations does not leak out and cause pollution.
- Provide support for the burner and piping.
- Allow access to the burner and piping.
- Reduce heat radiation.
- Protect rig personnel.
- Limit burner noise on the rig.
- Modular design
- Suitable for H2S service
- Available in two or three sections
- Piping for oil, water with filter, air with check valve, and propane, in addition to one gas flare